Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fun Fruit Project




We were recently asked to provide a fruit tray for a get-together. My first thought was, how boring. I love to cook, so fruit didn't offer much of a challenge. Then Lucy came up with an idea we had just read about in a childhood cookbook of mine. The original idea was with lettuce and veggies but we made the changes and came up with what we lovingly called, Earl. We had so much fun making Earl as a family and he was a HUGE hit at the party, especially amongst the wee ones.
So, just because you're asked to bring fruit, doesn't mean your dish can't be the hit of the day!

3 comments:

TheFitnessFreak said...

What a great idea! Good job! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I bring treats.

TheFitnessFreak said...

By the way, Liz can't leave
comments with this comment forum. She said to say HI : )

Lizzie M. said...

Ashlynn thought this was AWESOME and "mom, we just have to try that!" was all I heard.